Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Husband, Five Kids, A Dog And A Home...

Take a deep breath. Now read the title again. Yes, it's true. Ok... well, maybe slightly true. For all intents and purposes, my husband is still a kid, mathematically giving me six kids. Throw the three-pound beast into the mix (my teacup Yorkie), and it's a real party.

I'm not going to apologize for the dramatic entrance, but I'd like to put a few things into perspective. Real Estate is my job. My family is the air that I breathe. I'm sure that I'm not the only Realtor that feels this way, but not many will take the extra step and say out loud, what I'm about to post: I'm not available all the time.

I've had those moments when I've called a client around 6:30PM and they were not available. I've also had the same client call me after 9PM and explain that they reason that they couldn't take my call is because they were having dinner and family time. I learned a lot from that one-time experience, and I've come to the realization that if Buyers and Sellers don't sacrifice their families, neither should I.

The amount of time spent between a real estate agent and client has to be a shared sacrificed. Having this discussion early in the relationship can lead to a very successful transaction. Managing expectations can only serve to benefit all parties.

*An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.*

No comments:

Post a Comment